Job Information & Work Permits
JOB INFORMATION & WORK PERMITS
- Coldstone Creamery Do you love ice cream, making people happy, earning great tips and having fun on the job? Apply within or online at coldstonecreamery.com/jobs and search for location: 3040 Bernal Avenue, Suite 310, Pleasanton, CA 94566. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 925-699-8715 (2/7/19)
- Kentucky Fried Chicken now hiring for newly opened restaurant on Valley Ave/Sta Rita Road. Online interviews. Flexible Schedules. Competitive Starting Wages. Scholarships Available. Advancement Opportunities. Apply online at https://centralcalifornia.talentplushire.com/jobs/ (12/7/18)
- Edge Gymnastics. Seeking part-time teachers for Preschool and Academy Programs. Open 7 days a week and will consider all applicants, even if you are only available one day per week. No gymnastics experience required. If you love children and are enthusiastic, dependable, and responsible, please apply. Extensive training provided. Must be at least 14 years of age to apply.
Interested candidates, please call 925-479-9904 or email@example.com.
- Alameda County Fairgrounds - Pleasanton. Now hiring Parking Attendants, evening and weekend shifts. $12/hour. For an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org and in Subject line: Parking
- Banana Republic Factory - San Francisco Premium Outlets in Livermore. Now hiring for Sales Associate (Req #248117) and Stock Associate (Req #252211). Fore more info, please contact Paula Tonea at Paula_Tonea@stores.gap.com or log on to their website at jobs.bananarepublic.com to complete an online application.
- Abercrombie and Fitch in Livermore Outlets. Must be 17 years or older. Apply at careers.abercrombie.com
- Gap Factory in Livermore. Apply at https://jobs.gapinc.com/gap-home/. Group interviews on Wednesdays at 5pm. Contact Holly at 925-413-7830 - Hiring. Apply at http://corporate.carters.com/corporateCareers.html
- City of San Ramon, Sports Division recruiting for their upcoming Youth Hoops Season. They are looking for responsible students that may want to work for them this winter season. They have a Part-Time Seasonal Position that is open. Recreation Leader I/II. The application may be filled out at Calopps.org. https://www.calopps.org/san-ramon/job-18690162 This position will be mostly geared towards serving in roles such as a gym monitor, referee, scorekeeper, or youth basketball instructor. Though further opportunities are available as well. Basketball experience is not required.
- Sunglass Hut at the Livermore Outlets - Need to be 18, but you do NOT need any work experience. If interested view openings and apply at: https://jobs.luxottica.com/ Search by store #2868. For more info, contact the store manager, Nicole Irwin at 925-413-1305.
- Target, 7200 Amador Plaza Rd, in Dublin, now hiring. Interested, apply online at https://corporate.target.com/careers/ or email Bree at email@example.com
- In-N-Out Burger in Pleasanton, They start their new Associates at a minimum of $13.50 an hour and can earn up to $16.25! Their commitment to a higher starting wage is just one of the ways in which they show how much they care. Another way is through offering excellent part-time and full-
time benefits like flexible schedules to accommodate school and other activities, paid vacations, free meals, comprehensive training, and a 401k plan. Apply at http://www.in-n-out.com
- Chick-fil-A, 5785 Johnson Drive, Pleasanton. $13.50 starting wage!! Flex schedule, leadership/growth opportunities, closed on Sundays, free food every shift, scholarship opportunites and 20% family discount. Also tuition reibusersment up to $2,000 a year!!!
Check back frequently as our list grows for the 2018-2019 school year!
Below are some helpful web sites for part time employment. Enter your zip code for a listing of part-time jobs available in your area. Many of these jobs are appropriate for students ages 16 and up.
Job Search Resources
- Quint Careers Job Resources for Teens - this website is full of resources for the teen job hunter. Get information on job search strategies, resume writing, interviewing, etc.
California Career Center - The California Career Center (CalCC) is your career planning website with tools to help you map your future, whether looking ahead to college, apprenticeship, the military or other options. Includes a section on Getting A Job.
Resumes and Cover Letters
Job Hunters Guide to Successfully Completing an ApplicationResumes and Cover Letters
Resume Builder - Use this tool to help build your resume
Sample Teen Resumes
Cover Letter Tools
- Free Job Interviewing Tutorial for High School Students - from what to wear, how to prepare, how to present yourself, what to do after an interview.
- Interview Preparation
- Teen Job Interview Questions and Sample Answers, Typical Interview Questions
- Checklist: To-Do's for Before, During, and After the Interview
- Expert Tips for During and After the Interview
Thank You Letters