Job Information & Work Permits
JOB INFORMATION & WORK PERMITS
- Stoneridge Creek Retirement Center - students can contact Anna Molz firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Eichler email@example.com
- Edge Gymnastics. Seeking part-time teachers for Preschool and Academy Programs. Open 7 days a week and will consider all applicants, even if you are only available one day per week. No gymnastics experience required. If you love children and are enthusiastic, dependable, and responsible, please apply. Extensive training provided. Must be at least 14 years of age to apply.
Interested candidates, please call 925-479-9904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Target, 7200 Amador Plaza Rd, in Dublin, now hiring. Interested, apply online at https://corporate.target.com/careers/
- In-N-Out Burger in Pleasanton, They start their new Associates at a minimum of $13.50 an hour and can earn up to $16.25! Their commitment to a higher starting wage is just one of the ways in which they show how much they care. Another way is through offering excellent part-time and full-
time benefits like flexible schedules to accommodate school and other activities, paid vacations, free meals, comprehensive training, and a 401k plan. Apply at http://www.in-n-out.com
- Chick-fil-A, 5785 Johnson Drive, Pleasanton. $13.50 starting wage!! Flex schedule, leadership/growth opportunities, closed on Sundays, free food every shift, scholarship opportunites and 20% family discount. Also tuition reibusersment up to $2,000 a year!!!
- Timberland @ outlets Livermore, $12 to $14 an hour. Must be 16 years old, able to provide own transportation and have work permit. Weekend and holiday availability. Apply online at www.Timberland/careers
Check back frequently as our list grows for the 2019-2020 school year!
Below are some helpful web sites for part time employment. Enter your zip code for a listing of part-time jobs available in your area. Many of these jobs are appropriate for students ages 16 and up.
Job Search Resources
- Quint Careers Job Resources for Teens - this website is full of resources for the teen job hunter. Get information on job search strategies, resume writing, interviewing, etc.
California Career Center - The California Career Center (CalCC) is your career planning website with tools to help you map your future, whether looking ahead to college, apprenticeship, the military or other options. Includes a section on Getting A Job.
Resumes and Cover Letters
Job Hunters Guide to Successfully Completing an ApplicationResumes and Cover Letters
Resume Builder - Use this tool to help build your resume
Sample Teen Resumes
Cover Letter Tools
- Free Job Interviewing Tutorial for High School Students - from what to wear, how to prepare, how to present yourself, what to do after an interview.
- Interview Preparation
- Teen Job Interview Questions and Sample Answers, Typical Interview Questions
- Checklist: To-Do's for Before, During, and After the Interview
- Expert Tips for During and After the Interview
Thank You Letters