Forms & Downloads » Work Permit Application

Work Permit Application

What is a work permit?
A work permit is a document that students under 18 years of age must obtain after they have been hired to work. Work permits will be processed at the school district office, 4665 Bernal Ave., weekdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Need a work permit during the school year?
Students working during the school year must have a work permit. This is different from the work permit you would obtain during the summer. School year work permits are valid from August through June.
Need a work permit during the summer?
Students working during the summer must have a work permit. This is different from the work permit you would obtain when school is in session.

Please click here for the work permit form.

Work permits are processed at the Pleasanton school district office, 5758 W. Las Positas Blvd., weekdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (They will fill out the section "For school to complete" on the work permit form. Contact the district office at 925-628-0974 for more information.
What is the work permit procedure?
  • Students must have a job in order to get a work permit.
  • Student must pick up the form “STATEMENT OF INTENT TO EMPLOY MINOR AND REQUEST FOR WORK PERMIT” from the Career Center (or click on link above). The minor completes the top section, including Social Security number. The employer completes the second section, making sure to print their name and include the business phone number. The parent completes and signs the third section. The district's adult education department, 4665 Bernal Ave., completes the final section.
  • The work permit will be available for students to pick up 24 hours after it has been turned in to the adult education office, so please plan accordingly.
Theatrical permits, including the entertainment industry and modeling, must be obtained by a parent/guardian directly from the California State Labor Commissioner at 1515 Clay Street, Room 801, Oakland, CA 94612.

Please send a note requesting an application for this entertainment industry-specific type of work permit and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address. 

Part of the application must be completed by the school district, 5758 W. Las Positas Blvd.. The completed application may then be mailed back to the Oakland office by the parent with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The special work permit will be mailed to you. For more info, call 510-622-3273 and select “0” for a representative.
Items needed for regular work permit applications include proof of age (picture I.D. or birth certificate) and proof of school enrollment.
All work permits issued for vacation jobs expire on or about September 1, one week after the start of the school year.