About FHS Library
About FHS Library
To support students in becoming independent and effective users of all variety of information; to support teachers and curriculum through collaboration; and to nurture a lifelong love of reading and learning.
Lauren McNeil, Teacher Librarian
Harpreet Kang, Library Assistant
We are here to help you find the information you need for research and school assignments. We can help you find books to read for pleasure. Please ask us for help anytime!
- We have over 24,000 books, audiobooks, videos, and DVDs, most of which can be checked out for two weeks and renewed as needed.
- Students may check out books with their student ID number or student ID card.
- Students are welcome to request books to add to the collection. Checked out books may be put on hold and saved at the circulation desk.
- Students are responsible for returning or renewing their library books on time. Consequences for unreturned books may include missing school social events, and students will not receive their diploma or next year’s class schedule until cleared.
- The library supports a variety of databases. Find a description of our databases and passwords in the student organizer/planner or use the Library Databases tab on the right for the most updated list.
- We have 36 Dell computers in our lab and six Macintosh computers in our three study rooms.
- Students have access to three black and white printers/photocopiers, which are located next to the circulation desk and the low bookshelves at the front of the library. There is no charge for printing.
- Textbooks are available in the library from all departments on campus. The textbooks remain in the library at all times and are located in the front, right side of the library in the short bookshelves.
- Three study rooms can be reserved by request to the library staff for students to work on group projects or to practice presentations. Up to five students are permitted in each room.
- Absolutely no food is allowed in the library. Water is permitted away from the computers.
Library Book Pick Up Service
links to a video about how to find library books and confirm their availability using Destiny, our online catalog, and a Google Form, through which you can request library books, renew library books, and recommend books for the library to purchase. Once you have confirmed via Destiny that the library has an available copy of a book you would like to check out, please complete and submit the Google Form; we will then notify you via email as to when the book is ready for pick up outside of the library front doors. Pick up times are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Your name will be on a post-it sticking up from the book; please be sure to pick up the book that has been checked out to you and not another student's book. If you do not pick up your book within a week, it will be checked back in and re-shelved. Library books are to be renewed or returned every two weeks via the book depository slot outside of the library front doors. Happy reading!