- Detention is a quiet time. It is held Wednesday mornings 8:15-8:45 and after school 3-3:30 in A-2.
- Students are to report to detention with materials for study.
- There will be no eating or drinking (water only) during detention.
- Failure to follow these rules or not serve this detention could result in a FACTS Class assigned to you.
FACTS stands for Foothill After-School Character Trait Support.
FACTS is an innovative approach to discipline that uses restorative justice to get students to consider their infractions and how they might make better choices in the future.
Students who violate the discipline plan may be assigned to the FACTS program. A student’s attendance at FACTS addresses the referral that has been assigned. Any repeat offense of the same behavior results in further discipline, possibly a suspension.
FACTS is held from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday afternoons. Wednesday morning sessions from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. are offered for students who cannot make afternoon sessions. These classes are held in room A-2.
The expectations for FACTS are as follows:
1. FACTS is a class. As in all learning environments, inappropriate behavior is not permitted and talking is allowed only with teacher approval.
2. Students are required to write a one-page essay reflecting on the behavior violation. Students are also required to participate in any other character trait activities that are part of the FACTS class.
3. No eating or drinking (except water) is allowed.
4. In order to reschedule an assigned FACTS class, a parent must contact the student’s vice principal prior to FACTS with a justifiable reason for rescheduling (medical or dental appointment, family emergency, religious observation, etc.).
5. Failure to observe the rules and/or participate in the assigned activities may result in suspension.
6. Late students will not be allowed in. No exceptions. Failure to attend may result in suspension.