Foothill's athletic department is a competitive program with a wide variety of sports to provide opportunities for all students.
Athletics at Foothill are self-funded. Athletic director costs, trainer fees, transportation expenses, uniform expenses, equipment upgrading/replacement and tournament entry fees are self-funded. As such, a voluntary donation is asked of each player to help fund these valuable programs as well as to support our Foothill Athletic Boosters.
All students are welcome to participate in athletics whether or not a donation is made. However, without your generous support, athletics at Foothill would be unable to continue.
Update on Athletics for Foothill High School
We are excited to be offering Athletics this Fall, but of course we have to be cautious due to the spike in COVID cases in the region. Please find the information linked below regarding coming to Foothill for athletic events, COVID protocols, ticket information, etc.
Please note the following:
- Masks are required at all times while on campus (indoors and outdoors, regardless of vaccination status).
- Anyone coming to campus should ensure that they have no symptoms related to COVID-19 to help stop the spread and keep everyone safe on campus. Visitors are asked to complete the Visiting Health Screener by completing the form to ensure that we can continue with our events.
- To purchase tickets for admission to sporting events, please visit the GoFan link
Athletes and their parents must attend the informational meetings for fall, winter and spring sports. Please check the website for meeting dates. You'll get all the info you need regarding fall sports.
Athletes must turn in completed sports packets, including a physical exam, before they allowed to try out for a team or attend practice. FALL SPORTS: It's crucial that all sports packets be turned in before school ends in June.
Please click on the Sports Packet link in the upper right corner of this page to access the entire sports packet. An annual physical exam or statement by a medical doctor is required certifying that the student is physically fit to participate in athletics. The sports packet page includes the form athletes must take to their physical exam and then turn in with their sports packet. Please note that a chiropractor's assessment is no longer valid.
The voluntary donations for sports are posted on the sports packet pages. Look on the right side of the sports packet page for the voluntary donations link. Voluntary donations will be accepted with completed sports packets.
All athletic teams at Foothill stress sportsmanship and fair play. Participation depends on the following:
- Completion of the sports packet (available online).
- Attend a pre-season meeting with the coaching staff.
- Attend all tryouts and practices.
- Follow all rules of eligibility, both transfer and academic.
Foothill is a member of the East Bay Athletic League (EBAL), which includes the following high schools:
- Dougherty Valley
- Monte Vista
- San Ramon Valley