Athletic Clearance (aka The Sports Packet)
Athletic Clearance Process (formerly known as the Sports Packet)
In order to be cleared for participation in sports at Foothill, a sports clearance packet must be completed before an athlete can be involved in any athletic activity, including tryouts/practice. Athletes who would like to play in multiple sports need to register for each sport - every season - every year.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Parent/Guardians must register their student-athlete online through AthleticClearance.com before a student can try out, practice or play for a sport. Please be complete when you register as you will be cleared or not cleared according to the information you provided. Do not submit donations through the Athletic Clearance site since they take 5% of the money. Donations should go through the the FHS Webstore.
- A current physical must be uploaded. The Physical Form is attached as a PDF to this page. Your athlete's physical is only good for one year from the date of the exam. (Remember – each physical form needs to be signed and stamped by your physician to be deemed valid. Also, if the physical will expire during the athlete's season please make an appointment for a new physical exam so your athlete does not miss any practice or playing time). **We do not accept expired physicals.**
- Once cleared, the online program will send them a confirmation indicating their athlete is eligible for tryouts/practice and that information will be shared with the coaching staff.
- Please note - there is no need to bring in any paper copies of the physical, emergency card or confirmation as has been done in the past. Everything is digital.
- Please donate to support the athletic program since we are fully self-funded
- Donations go towards covering the cost for coaching stipends, transportation, and officials fees
- Donations can be done on-line by clicking on this link:
If you have any questions regarding the clearance process, please reach out to Coni Miller ([email protected]) or Paul Faris ([email protected])