Welcome to the 2022 Foothill Falcons Boys Water Polo Team Page!
We are really excited about the upcoming 2022 water polo season! Please make sure you are ready by completing your forms, clearances and paying your fair share donation in advance of our season start on August 8th (checks can be turned in at practice times or the windows at the office).
** All players joining our program for Fall 2022, please click on the following link to add your info:
Pre-Season Practices Start Aug 1 - Mandatory for returning Varsity and anyone trying out for Varsity, JV optional but encouraged.
Dry land conditioning and Pool conditioning - pack accordingly. Check back for dates/times
School Starts on Wednesday, August 10th
The first day of practice is Monday, August 8
Morning practices start on: 8/08/22
(Varsity: Mandatory; JV: Optional, but highly recommended for non-Freshmen).
- Full practice schedule and what to bring to each practice here.
- Dryland clothes/running shoes are required for every practice the first week of school
Mornings - Rise and Grind Practice: M/T/W/F 6:30-8:00am
Afternoons - Mon-Thurs 3:45-5:45p, JV til 5:30p, Fri: 3:45pm - 4:45pm
Important Info - PLEASE READ:
1) FHS Athletic Clearance aka The Sports Packet must be completed ASAP. Sports Packet includes:
- Online Athletic Clearance form (existing or set up new acct)
- A doctor-signed Sports Physical School Form (upload to website)
- Athletics Emergency Form Try to add one/two of the parents on your team as Emergency contact, this will make it easier on Carpool if parents are not cleared early enough through PUSD. (Transportation & Online Volunteer Clearance Forms)
- Please consider making your Fair Share Donation of $375. The team needs this help as athletic programs receive no financial support from the district, state, etc. Your Fair Share Donation is fully tax deductible. Donations can either be made online when completing the online registration, Athletic Clearance form or by check (payable to "Foothill Athletic Boosters"; be sure to write "Boys Water Polo Fair Share / Your Player's Name" in the memo line). Checks can be handed to the coach or to our Team Mom, Lisa Thordsen. You can bring checks to the Kick Off Parents' Info Meeting 8/18 5:00-6pm on deck.
- Bonus points if your company matches! Please look into company matching - this is a great opportunity for our team to get much needed funds for equipment replacement, etc.
- Thank you in advance for your donation and for supporting your players!
2) Driver's Clearance (VERY IMPORTANT FOR THIS SEASON): Transportation to Away games will rely on PUSD-cleared parent drivers (we do not have team buses). This year 2/3 of our games are Away so having as many cleared parent drivers as possible is absolutely crucial. Please complete the below 2 items ASAP (even if you are unsure if you can drive) as it takes a long time for PUSD to clear drivers (last year it took about 3-9 weeks!). If possible please hand this in before 2022-23 school year starts.
- Transportation form (turn into FHS office)
- Online Volunteer Clearance form 2022-23 - complete ASAP as clearance takes several weeks to process
- Please note that if there are not enough cleared drivers to transport players to a particular Away game, families will be responsible for making arrangements to get their player to the game.
3) Please consider volunteering. Our program needs parent volunteers helping to make it work!We have jobs for everyone and every skill level. In order to have a successful season, we need parents on deck helping with set up, take down, stats and spotter, run our table - book, spotter, shot clock/score board and there are always odd jobs. Water Polo is small and tight knit. We need parents helping at each home game. Getting involved & learning the game is fun and you'll become part of a family. We will train for any more technical jobs and don't worry, you won't get tossed into the "deep end".
We will also need breakfast for our boys after morning practices - this is another way to get involved. Our boys love their breakfasts and we love to send them to school after practice with happy tummies! Be sure to watch out for the sign ups.
4) Team Snap for communications - the Boys Water Polo team uses Team Snap for all team communications. If you need to be added to Team Snap, please send us your email address, your son's grade and your son's first and last name, and we'll send you an invitation to join (please be sure to accept the invite in order to receive team communications).
**Also, stay easily connected by downloading the TeamSnap app!
*Watch for updates regarding:
Ordering team suits/shirts, SpiritWear deadline is TBA, link TBA
Team Pictures - Date TBA, wear - team shirt/polo, khaki pants
Team Kick Off Dinner - August 24 6-8p Taco/Burrito Bonanza! Please RSVP Yes/No.
For Practice Speedo/water polo suits:
Suit should fit very snug (think "Spanx), sit at hips
Elsmore Swim Shop, Walnut Creek
Sports Basement, San Ramon
Thank you for supporting your players and Go Falcons!