Congratulations to Foothill's teachers for being awarded more than $25,000 in grant money from the Pleasanton Partnerships in Education Foundation (PPIE).
"Great participation from Foothill in the PPIE education grant program," PPIE executive director Debi Covello said. "Way to go, Foothill!"
Foothill teachers submitted 22 grant proposals and an incredible 15 of those were chosen for funding.
Foothill's award recipients are:
- James Clark -- $1,500 for a digital overhead projector
- Jeremy Detamore -- $1,000 to buy books for We the People & $1,000 for video camera
- Burt Dixon -- $2,050 for interactive student response system
- Linda Gullick -- $2,000 for Health Quest 2010
- Katherine Hooven & Gail Myers -- $2,192 for greenhouse for Foothill's community garden
- Chris Jones -- $2,384 for comparative anatomy materials
- Craig Kelso -- $2,500 for biology equipment
- Susan Kleespies -- $740 for new LCD projector
- Drew Melby -- $1,511 for lab equipment
- David Middleton -- $1,643 for PsykTrek 3.0
- Lavina Noronha -- $1,500 for digital visual presenter
- Jennifer Roush -- $2,500 for Profiles of Student Life project
- Scott Sears -- $2,500 for vidoe & audio equipment & $424 for cameras for student documentary project
Congratulations to all the grant winners!